Runners will run along narrow trails, pathways, and boardwalks that traverse around the karst peaks while parallel to the lakes creating for a magical experience featuring some of the most picturesque parts of the country. Giving marathon runners breath-taking panoramic views and memories that will last a lifetime.
You are signing up for an experience you will talk about for the rest of your life. So take the time to prepare thoroughly to make sure you get the most out of this experience.
RACE DAY - OCTOBER 29 2016
- $675 – Full Marathon
- $650 – Half Marathon
- $625 – 10K
- $595 – 5K
Race size is limited, this is a sell out event, register early!
- Free round-trip transportation from Kunming to Qiubei
- 3-night lodging at Tiancheng Taihe Hotel (Race HQ)
- Bonfire celebration
- Official Yunnan Puzhehei Marathon running shirt
- Yunnan Puzhehei Marathon surprise gift
- Collectible finisher medal
- Official finisher certificate
- Official goodie bag
- Scenic course highlighting of the Puzhehei scenic views
- Spirited local native cheer squads lining the course
- Course support
- Runner breakfast before race
- Finish line water, fruit, and food
- 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM / 14:00 PM – 6:00 PM / 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM – Check-in for runners
- 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM Course review meeting (English)
- 7: 30 PM – 9:30 PM Course review meeting (Chinese)
At this time you will be able to ask questions and collect your race kit, BIB, shirt, and goodie bag. There is a lot to cover in the Course Review meeting, so take the time to read the Runner’s Handbook before the meeting to ensure everything goes smoothly.
DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. It is recommend to not bring important valuables to the race, only the essentials. The event is not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the race day.
The chip will be labeled with a number that matches your race number. When you pick up your bib, please make sure these numbers match. Proceed to the Information Table if any of the information is incorrect. Prior to the race, you must attach your chip to your running shoe. Please follow the instructions provided in your registration packet.
All participants in this race MUST wear the timing chip on your shoe in order to have their times recorded. After the race the chips will need to be removed and collected at the designated collection point by the finish line.
We strongly recommend that you consider having adequate travel medical insurance to cover any unexpected incident on race day.
RECOVER AND REUNION ZONE
Then reunite with family and friends to relish in your post race accomplishment with refreshments. With a large number of participants and excited spectators, it can be difficult to locate friends and family without a plan. It is highly recommended that you designate a meet-up location with friends and family BEFORE the race.
COURSE TIME LIMITS
- FULL MARATHON: START 7:00 AM
- HALF MARATHON: START 7:00 AM
- 10K: START 7:00 AM
- 5K FUN RUN: START 7:30 AM
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else. You may request a deferment for a future race. If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Yunnan Marathon events.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the full marathon, 14 years old for the half marathon. Younger runners must have special approval from the Race Director, submit request from the Contact page.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a Marathon or Half Marathon.
- You must show photo ID/Passport to receive your race BIB and timing chip.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- Timing chips must be worn on shoes. Runners must run over the start line and finish line mats for timing chips to register.
- No coaches, handcycles, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
Please note that event information here represents what is planned for Yunnan Puzhehei International Marathon. Locations, hotels, course variations, adjustments, and changes may apply depending on conditions, availability, and improvements. We strive to improve the event every year to make the best experience for the runners.